The Intragastric Balloon (or simply "Gastric Balloon
") is a non-surgical weight loss device that's placed in your stomach. The balloon is designed to take up space in your stomach, so when you eat, you will get full faster, and this helps to prevent and discourage over-eating.
There are several companies who manufacture competing versions of the gastric balloon. We'll highlight those that the the providers in our network offer:
has the Orbera balloon. This balloon was released way back in 2004 by Allergan, but it only received FDA approval
on August 5th, 2015. Apollo purchased the Lap Band and Orbera business units from their creator, Allergan, back in 2013 (before the balloon was FDA approved).
created the Spatz3 adjustable balloon system. Although its been approved in over 20 countries, the FDA has not approved it yet. This balloon, however, is already recognized by ASMBS
. The Spatz3 balloon offers the ability to adjust the balloon's volume to alleviate intolerance. This can help to prevent the need to remove the balloon early. Another interesting feature of this balloon is that a second wave of weight loss is possible if the patient returns for a procedure midterm to expand the balloon volume, a feature that's unique to the Spatz3 balloon.
Right now we are offering the Gastric Balloon Package with the following providers:
- Dr. Marcelo Hernandez offers the gastric balloon procedure for $3,799 in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico at Baja Hospital. There are some discount programs available with this provider as well, to help get the price a bit lower. Please inquire for details.
- Dr. Felipe Cantu offers the Orbera Gastric Balloon procedure for $3,899 and the Spatz3 Gastric Balloon procedure for $4,899 at Christus Muguerza Hospital in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Dr. Jonas Villarreal offers the Orbera Gastric Balloon procedure for $3,799 and the Spatz3 Gastric Balloon procedure for $4,199 at Hospital de Especialidades in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Dr. Manish Motwani offers the gastric balloon procedure at B-Lite Clinic in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India for $2,499.
- Dr. Alberto Carlos offers the gastric balloon procedure for $3,195 in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico at Body Art Surgical Center.
If you would like more information on a specific provider, please let us know and we will send you everything that you need.
To learn more, fill in the form below or give us a call.
Gastric Balloon Testimonials:
Better then expected
Worth it but scary
Service beyond expectations
15 lbs in 2 weeks